Monday, January 11, 2010

Well...??

Part of the fun about being unemployed is the suspense of waiting for replies from jobs that you sent your resume/applications to... or follow-ups from interviews that you've recently gone on. Actually, I'm exaggerating. Waiting for replies from employers is probably just as fun as douching your nose or watching paint dry. It sucks (although part of me kinda wants to try neti-potting my nose). There's only so much you can do once you've applied or actually gone on that interview -- much like bugging your ex after she declares "it's over... I don't want to see you anymore... You can pick up you Hanson and Spice Girls CDs in the morning... I'm keeping the dog". Of course, you think to yourself, "Screw you! I still have those pictures you sent me a couple weeks ago... Keep the CDs... I can download their albums later... The dog's not even the same dog that we got 3 years ago -- it's a replacement dog!" (not like this has happened to me or anything).

Ironically, as soon as I published my last post, I received a call for an interview. After going on what I felt to be a successful interview, I sent my thank you letter and just sat back and waited. After an interview, that's pretty much all you can do. Can you imagine instant job results? Imagine a world where you apply for a job... or go in for an interview... and BAM, you come out knowing exactly what the results are. It'd be like the Scantron of job applications -- you go in, do your thing, and *DING* either a "Congratulations, welcome to !!" or a "Tough luck, kid. The anti-social, already-greying, over-achieving butt-kisser got it." Ah, if only.

So now... I sit and wait...


--------------------------------------------------------


UPDATE!!!
I didn't get the job... =/

Next post might be titled "Nepotism: Your Golden Ticket to Success"... whack!


--------------------------------------------------------

Now, for those of you who enjoyed the Snooki Street Fighter video from the last post, here's a little refresher course on how to become a Guido a la Michael Cera in a recent visit to the cast of the Jersey Shore... Maybe we can turn that whole "Video of the Day" thing into a "Jersey Shore Tribute Video of the Day"... Let's see what happens with that. Till then, Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. good luck...i must have like 100 applications and copies of my resume floating around there and no major leads...its getting a bit depressing...but the fact that i have a few trips lined up this year is motivating me to keep the job search steady so that i can afford to go on these trips...

    ReplyDelete