Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nepotism: Your Golden Ticket to Success

Sometimes the cards just don't fall as you would like to see them. As the clock hits 12:35AM, I find myself still broke, and, for some reason, can't catch any kind of break. All I feel is that all bluffs that I put out are going to be called, and it's going to be a long road to possible "break-even-ness"...

As the day wore on, and Wife Swap started to get interesting (Southern Texas hick husband was about to get into a fight with corporate savvy New York husband), and I got a text message from a friend that had an in with the job that I had interviewed with:

"Dang, Jum, sorry, but you didn't get the job. She went with her niece."

What... The... F***?! How much does that suck that a job that you felt you were perfect fit for actually went to someone who may not have been fully qualified for, but was actually blood-related to the person calling the shots? I asked if she had been a recent college graduate or a recently laid off employee as myself... As it turns out, she's in the same boat as myself.... Even with that, however, it's still a little painful. Who gives a sh*t if she's related to the HR director... I am a better fit for the company than that girl is!!! I know I'll make the company more money...Shoot!

Gah! No matter what happens now, I am still unemployed and scrapping for anything that comes my way... it sucks to be me...

How many times have you gone through the wringer... made it out in one piece... and felt like you had what it took to actually make it as an employee of that company? Well, well, well... today was my day. I felt like that. Went through the wringer... made it out in one piece (actually feeling like I had what was needed to succeed and prosper)... and felt like the employer actually needed me. Well, from first hand experience, nepotism kills every kind of positive feeling that you would have, had you have had the what it took to actually take over the position that was on the table. Have I mentioned that it sucks to be me?

I'm not sure if I'm just whining, but why is it that the next person qualified for the position that I am actually applying for is the niece of the person actually calling the shots for who is getting hired. For some odd reason, that doesn't seem fair. It almost seems as fair as someone going against Van Damme in the final match of a Full-Contact Martial Arts Tournament. WTF?!

Gah!! Screw the system... Cheers to all those who go 0n throughout the weeks waiting for the $860 coming their way...

Now for those awaiting my "Jersey Shore" video of the day... have fun making your hair look as good as DJ Pauly D's...

No comments:

Post a Comment